Arts In The Gap, Lincoln Memorial University
This 20 studio-hour workshop will introduce you to the amazing world of direct stone carving!
No previous experience is necessary. New and experienced sculptors will find an opportunity to considerably heighten their skill level and insight.
• Expand into a classic 3D art form
• Inspire your other creative venues (great for working through "writer's block")
• Experience the Spirit of Stone as a creative partner
• Meditative, intentional creative experience
• Create a stone sculpture reference to hold your intention, wish or idea
• Enjoy a supportive learning community
Monday, June 18 through Thursday, June 21, 2018
9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily
This schedule will allow us 5 intense hours of studio time each day with an hour break for lunch, yielding our ideal 20 hours of studio time.
The Workshop will be held at
The Lincoln Memorial University Art Center
Brooklyn Street, Cumberland Gap, TN
WHAT'S AVAILABLE TO YOU
Learn Stone Sculpting skills and techniques. Each participant will personally design and complete a hand-held, intimate sculpture made of soapstone. Instruction will include all steps of the carving process from beginning to end. All tools and materials will be provided. Also, information will be provided to encourage and enable participants to continue to create stone sculptures on their own.
To register for the class
Please go to Lincoln Memorial University’s website, Arts In The Gap.
Questions? Call or email me (Lisa)